The Rhine-Main region is one of Europe's most important locations for the fast growing ICT sector. To further strengthen the ICT industry, the "FrankfurtRheinMain – Verein zur Förderung der Standortentwicklung e.V." (Frankfurt-Rhine-Main Association for Developing and Promoting Locations) initiated the House of IT together with a coalition of partners from business, science, and government.
Like the already established House of Finance and the House of Logistics & Mobility, the House of IT will work to draw greater international attention to the scientific and business strengths of the Frankfurt-Rhine-Main region.
All activities are governed by a guiding principle of interdisciplinarity, creating a network of actors from industry, academia, and the government.
Our ambitious objective: to create sustainable innovation, provide excellent advanced training programs, and support ICT business start-ups in order to advance the region's ICT sector.
We have established the House of IT to realize the following vision:
- To collaborate with other leading initiatives to improve public awareness of the Frankfurt-Rhine-Main region and the technopolis of Darmstadt as Europe’s premier ICT innovation center.
- To attract leading scientists, ICT decision makers, and professionals, entrepreneurs, and top-level students to settle in the region.
- To stimulate business, innovation, and growth in the ICT sector as well as create new jobs in the region.
- To become widely recognized as a leading provider of interdisciplinary executive education for ICT professionals.
- To make a remarkable contribution to promoting entrepreneurship in the region, resulting in a growing number of spin-off and start-up companies.
We invite you to join this initiative! Become a member of the House of IT!